Dear ep1 red VCIS parents and guardians,
Today the children in ep1 red here at Varee Chiangmai International School completed their end of year STEM project.
The project was based around designing fabricating and testing a kite.
- Initially the children brainstormed with the teacher and with each other as to what qualities and types of materials would be needed in creating a kite, along with other factors such as the shape and the forces involved in flying it.
2. The children then went on to draw their own kite designs, listing the materials they would require and their quantities.
3. Finally the children created their kites. The problems one individual or group of children encountered during the creating process were shared with the class. This way the children were learning and amending their plans as they created their designs.
Being able to evaluate and modify concepts is a key skill employed in STEM and I was extremely proud of all of my class.
CONSTRUCTING THE KITES
4. Today the children were able to test out and play with their kites.
After this the children went back to the classroom to discuss and brainstorm what they could have done to make their kites even better, what problems they encountered during the creating process and what they would like to do their next STEM project on.
An extremely successful ESL STEM project which really benefited the children’s learning in a multitude of ways.
Kind regards…Teacher Chaz.
TESTING AND EVALUATING THE KITES
* All EP1 Red ‘Class Videos’
** All EP1 Red ‘Activities’
*** All EP1 Red ‘Works’
**** All EP1 Red ‘Creative Writings’
***** All EP1 Red ‘Summer Camps’
****** ABOUT TEACHER CHAZ
******* YOUR COMMENTS…YOUR COMMENTS…YOUR COMMENTS